The opioid epidemic is not just a problem for law enforcement and our criminal justice system. We need to come together as a community with love, compassion, and empathy for people who use drugs and their families. We must include people within public health, our social services, the recovery community, people in recovery, and those who are actively using drugs to develop effective solutions.
Recovery is a journey, not a destination.
Jared has recruited leading public health experts and practitioners to support him in his platform development and continued advocacy work. You can find information on them below:
- Dr. Carrie Lawrence, Rural Center for AIDS/STD Prevention, Indiana University School of Public Health
- Dr. Wendy Miller, RN, CCRN, Assistant Professor and Director of the Social Network Health Research Lab, Indiana University School of Nursing, Dept. of Community and Health Systems
- Barbara Andraka-Christou, Esq., J.D., Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Health Management and Informatics, University of Central Florida, College of Public and Health Affairs
- Autumn Allor, Clinical Coordinator, Groups Recover Together
- Dr. Greg Carter, RN, CNS, Clinical Assistant Professor, Indiana University School of Nursing